To connect a controller to a PlayStation 5 (PS5), please follow these steps: “PS Game” is a shortened way of referring to a game that is played on a PlayStation console. PlayStation is a brand of video game consoles developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment. The most recent PlayStation console is the PlayStation 5 (PS5), which was released in November 2020. PlayStation consoles have a vast library of games available, including exclusive titles developed by Sony’s own game studios as well as games from third-party developers. These games cover a wide range of genres, including action, adventure, sports, role-playing, and many more.
How to connect a controller to a ps5
- Turn on your PS5 console.
- Connect the controller to the PS5 using a USB cable. One end of the cable should be inserted into the controller’s charging port, and the other end should be inserted into one of the USB ports on the front of the console.
- Press the PlayStation button located in the center of the controller. The light bar on the controller will light up, indicating that it is syncing with the console.
- Once the controller is connected, you can use it to navigate the PS5’s menu and play games.
If you’ve already connected your controller via USB and want to use it wirelessly, follow these additional steps:
- Ensure that your PS5 console is turned on.
- Locate the small reset button on the back of the controller near the L2 shoulder button.
- Use a small pin or a paperclip to press and hold the reset button for a few seconds until the light bar on the controller starts flashing.
- On your PS5 console, go to “Settings” from the main menu.
- Select “Devices” and then “Bluetooth Devices.”
- Choose “Wireless Controller” from the list of available devices.
- The controller will now be paired with your PS5 wirelessly, and you can unplug the USB cable.
Please note that the controller needs to be charged sufficiently to use it wirelessly, as the USB cable also provides power to the controller.